M.I.A.


1 Happy Thoughts
I'm back. Believe it or not, babies take up a lot of time. I love every minute of it though. Consequently, I have to play catch up on blogging so this may be a little lengthy.


Preston- Preston is doing GREAT! I feel so blessed to have had such an uncomplicated pregnancy, uncomplicated delivery and now have a great baby. Preston's personality has blossomed more and more every day. He smiles all the time and now babbles constantly. It's so adorable to listen to him lay on his blanket and jibber-jabber. He's had a blocked tear duct in his left eye which has made his eye goopy on some days where other days it's not bad. I have to do the basic "blocked tear duct" routine of keeping it clean with a warm wash cloth and massaging where his eye meets his nose. I took him to his 2 month check up where he got straight A's. He weighs 15lbs- 97th percentile, his head is 16inches- 97th percentile and he is 25inches long- 97th percentile. His pediatrician called him an "over achiever" after all of his stats and me telling him Preston would sleep 6 hours and then another 4 or 5. In the last 4 nights Preston has slept a minimum of 9 hours straight which has been heavenly. Unfortunately he doesn't go to bed until 11 or 12 though. He smiles when we talk to him. He loves to see the movement we make with our mouths while we are talking to him. He LOVES girls. Anytime a girl smiles at him he will smile. Men on the other hand, it takes quite a bit to make him smile. He's a ladies man without a doubt. He is 10 weeks old and is pretty much grown out of his 3 months clothes. He wears size 3 diapers. His eyes are turning more and more brown each day. He likes bath time. He loves to be swaddled tightly. He likes to be bounced. He only likes his pacifier when he's falling asleep. He now likes to suck on his fist. He hasn't rolled over but I'm just waiting for the day he does. These are just fun little things that I want to remember so I need to write them down here since my blog is my journal.


Michael- Mike's job is going really well. His boss and his wife will be going on a church mission in the spring where their son will be running the company, their other son who is currently a salesman will be going back to school, and Mike will then be one of two salesmen. That means more jobs for Mike which will mean more money. We hope. Mike's boss also gave the office a little incentive where if they made $250,000 for the month of November they would each get a Visa gift card for a certain amount. If they made $300,000 the amount of the gift card would go up, then $350,000 would be the best. On the 2ND to the last day of the month they found out they made $352,000 so we got a very generous Visa gift card. You know your a grown up when you think of what bills you could pay with that or how many diapers and groceries you could buy instead of what fun things you could get. Mike also has very recently started reffing basketball games which my cousin Sean got him started in. He will actually ref his first game next week but he went to the training, got his reffing shirt, and his whistle, so he's set. It pays pretty well and he can do it on the side which will be nice for some extra cash to stick into savings.


Me- I love the fact that I don't HAVE to work. I love being home with my baby. I like not having a boss that I have to answer to and tells me when I have to work. I've recently decided I want to make a little extra money. I don't have to, but I thought, 'why not build up a savings a lot quicker if we can?'. Anyways, I was thinking 'how can I work part time, choose my schedule and not work if I don't want to?'. I thought about being a nanny but then realized I can't watch another baby the same time I watch Preston. Babies are so high maintenance and need so much attention that I don't think I could balance my time with two. Then I realized that I could clean houses. I can do it when/if I want and can actually make pretty good money. So, I posted an ad on craigslist and before I knew it I was booked to clean 3 houses next week and each of them wanted bi-weekly cleanings. I knew I was defeating the purpose of quitting my job with the oral surgeon to be a stay-at-home mom so I cut back to 2 clients. Today I went to my parents to do a "trial run" and clean their house. Wow. I knew it wouldn't be easy but I didn't realize HOW hard it would be. I got very discouraged while cleaning their bathroom and decided this was too hard and I didn't want to do it anymore. The more I thought about it after I left their house, I knew I could handle one house a week. No more. Even with one house a week I could make a pretty decent amount to put into savings. So I decided I'm going to "man up" and just do it. I, as a person in general, need to stop being lazy and work harder at things. I need to be better at having the house cleaned and dinner ready when my husband gets home from work. I know my time is very occupied with Preston but instead of getting on the computer and getting on Facebook while he's napping, I could be more productive. So, that's that.


Our Family- For a Christmas gift to us, my sister babysat for a photographer in their ward as payment for our family pictures. When she told me what she had done I was almost in tears. These are our very first FAMILY pictures and they mean the world to me. I will cherish them forever. It was so exciting. Anyways, I've posted them below for those who aren't on Facebook.
  • We got a camcorder as an early Christmas gift which I'm thrilled about because I love the home videos my parents have and seeing myself as a baby. I want the same for Preston and I want to remember these days.
  • We will be taking our first family trip in January for my brother's wedding. We will be flying to Utah and I am so excited for my brother and extended family to see Preston. I can't believe Preston will be 3 1/2 months old when my brother sees him for the first time.
  • My cousin Janene worked some magic somehow and found a cruise from Miami to the Bahamas for $94/per person. I'm tellin' ya, ya gotta know somebody who knows somebody. Anyways, she invited Mike and I along with my cousin Julianne and her husband Vance and then my cousin Sean and his wife Becky to go with her and her husband Aaron on this cruise. We could NOT say no. So at the end of May, Sean and Becky and Mike and I will be taking a road trip to Miami for a cruise. Janene and Aaron and Julianne and Vance will be leaving a few days before the cruise but due to work for Mike and Becky, we will be leaving the day before the cruise. We are SOOOOO excited. We will be leaving Preston here and my parents will watch him at our house. We have a lot of family in the area who would love to watch him but if he's not going to have to comfort of his parents being with him, we at least want him to have to comfort of his own home.
  • Next fall, the PLAN (meaning still up in the air) is for us to go on a cruise with my family for a Christmas gift from my parents. We are really hoping we are able to because I would love to cruise with my family. For that cruise we would leave Preston here where my mother-in-law will watch him at our house. I will miss him but it will only be for a week, I will have so much fun and I know he will be in excellent hands.
  • Mike and I met with a loan processor last night and realized our hopes for a house are in fact possible. Thank goodness the housing market is what it is today. We are able to get what we are looking for and maintain our budget. That is always nice to hear. Anyways, we are meeting with a Realtor to look at a few houses tomorrow morning. We are in our lease until August 2011 but we found out that we are actually able to lease out our apartment for the remainder of our lease if we find something sooner. We are looking now mainly because I don't want to buy a home I don't LOVE because we have to find a place to live before our lease is up otherwise we have to renew our contract. Also, right now is a great time to purchase from home builders because they are trying to get rid of lots that haven't been purchased or homes that buyers have backed out of because they don't want them to be on their taxes for next year. So, I am so happy to announce that our hunt has officially begun. YAY!
Well, that's all I can think of for now. I will try to do better at blogging but I can't make any guarantees.










1 comment:

Scarlet said...

These last two are my favorite!