5 Weeks


3 Happy Thoughts
I can NOT believe Preston is already 5 weeks old.
  • Preston weighs 12lbs 3oz
  • He is 23 inches long
  • I no longer nurse him, I pump and bottle feed. He is a very aggressive eater.
  • He usually drinks about 5-6oz every 4 hours during the day and then he usually goes 5 hours in between feedings at night. Sometimes more.
  • He's decided he likes to take cat naps during the day of 20 minutes instead of an actual nap for an hour or an hour and a half
  • He likes to be held
  • I am constantly putting his pacifier back in his mouth from him spitting it out every 5 seconds
  • He loves baths
  • He sleeps on his tummy (yes, his pediatrician knows I put him on his tummy at night)
  • For his 7 or 8am feeding, depending on how long he slept that night, I feed him in bed and then let him sleep on Mike's side after Mike gets up. He usually falls back asleep til 11, and so do I.
  • He is ALWAYS staring at our black picture frames on the wall
  • He holds his head up REALLY well.
  • He has maybe spit up 3 or 4 times
  • He gave his first actual smile on Nov. 1st because I gently blew in his face. Apparently he likes that.







3 comments:

Lott's Wife said...

That's our baby!!! I can't believe how much he has changed in just these 5 weeks....
Fun to see all the pictures and stats!!

Adam and Jess said...

Wow, how lame am I that I'm THIS out of the loop. Congrats you guys, he's a cutie and I can't believe he's already 5 weeks. You look great and I know the first couple of months are rough, but it gets so much easier. I ended up trying nursing with both of me boys and for different reasons for each, I ended up just pumping and it still worked out great.At least they are getting your milk.
I hope everything continues to go well. Your parents look so cute and already seem like they're going to spoil him (the bike was adorable).

Emily Leue said...

i love the bath-in-the-tub! and i totally agree with you about the pacifier!! i thinks its so sad when moms are still using it to calm their three year olds down!