Grandpa


1 Happy Thoughts
As I have mentioned before, Mike is not close with his father so Preston really only has one Grandpa that is involved in his life. My Dad.

Grandpa LOVES this little boy. I can't even begin to tell you how much. Any time we are near my parent's, my Dad is the first one to snatch Preston and claim 'baby holding privileges'. Grandpa will sit and talk to Preston and tell him about the things he will teach Preston and the activities they will do together. It is one of the sweetest things to watch my father with my son. I love it.

I've already posted this picture, but my dad is always wanting to do things to help Preston develop and grow, such as trying to make him hold is head up at 9 days old.


Saturday morning my mom called and told me to read her blog and this is what it said.....



Del [my dad] takes our dog, Lacey, for a walk every morning; usually between 5:00am and 6:00am.
Usually it's Lacey who comes home with something she's found along the way; a bone, dead animal, left over food etc....
Today, it was Del who came home with the find of the day.
A garage sale that hadn't even opened up for the day caught grandpa's eye and wallet. A steal - only $5 and we have a new set of wheels at our house.
Not to be used for at least 3-4 years, but they come equipped with training wheels and a new shiny seat.
I'm sure a horn will be added over the years but otherwise, it appears that Preston will have his first 'set of wheels' - keys included.
Oh grandpa!!!

1 comment:

Janene said...

SO cute. Haha.. he already bought him a bike. What would we do without the grandparentals...like, buy our own stuff?! Psshh.