Perspective


1 Happy Thoughts
Today things were really put into perspective for me. We had our Christmas program at church today and hearing the Christmas music along with people who told the story about the birth of our Savior really touched me. When the choir sang "O Come All Ye Faithful" I listened to the words 'o come let us adore him' and thought more about it. People traveled near and far to adore, take gifts to, and to worship a baby. A BABY!!!! I thought..."I have a baby." Now, there is NO way I am comparing my child to Christ or me to Mary. It was more of me making the comparison of Christ being a baby. He was a baby just like my baby. Tiny fingers and toes, taking naps, crying, and being held by his mother. I couldn't imagine how Mary must have felt knowing that she had given birth to the Son of God. People worshiped her tiny baby that she held in her arms. Having a tiny baby boy myself, kind of.....overwhelmed me. It's so amazing to think of what happened that night in Bethlehem. I can only imagine.....

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs said...

I love your posts! :) And I agree with you. I have thought the same thing while lookng at Jax. I love this time of year and all the ways we can remember Christ. Hope things are going well for you guys, I am so excited for your new house! I know you can't wait to get in and get settled! :) Good luck!