Mothers Know Best


2 Happy Thoughts
Yes, I am a new Mom. No, I'm not an idiot. Yes, I know what pediatricians say you should and shouldn't do. No, I do not listen to everything they say. Yes, I do what I think is best for my child. No, I do not want anyone telling me what I should and shouldn't do.

Preston is a BIG growing child. His pediatrician said to start him on rice cereal and we did. He liked it a lot. Before rice cereal, Preston seemed hungry all the time. He's always been a great eater but I would find him getting hungry every 2 hours or so. We started rice cereal and he did better with being full but he didn't really seemed to like the bland taste so he wouldn't eat very much. So, I decided to sweeten things up a bit. I bought some baby food and decided to give him his rice cereal with just a bit of baby food mixed in a oh boy the kid scarfed it down like nobody's business. He loved it. First we tried peaches. We waited a few days to make sure that he didn't have any allergic reactions and then we decided to try bananas. That little one LOVES bananas.



I know he's only 4 1/2 months old but you can't really tell me not to do it when

a) he will then go 4-5 hours between feedings

b) he will take longer naps, and is SO happy

c) since we started baby food and he's been eating more rice cereal

d) since we started, he's slept an average of 11 hours straight through

I haven't always done what I'm "supposed" to with Preston. I mean for heaven's sake he's been sleeping on his tummy since he was 3 weeks and according to the Board of Pediatrics, he should be dead by now. He's fine. In fact, I think he's perfect.

So bring on more baby food!

2 comments:

Scarlet said...

we are right there with ya! haha Does he make lots of "MMMM" noises like Gray does?! haha Grayson STILL does that to this day and I don't know how to get him to stop. Anytime food goes in his mouth noise comes back out. hahaha

Lisa and Mark said...

I started Luke on vegetable baby food too at about 4 1/2 months so you're not the only one. You always just gotta do what's best for you and your kid!