Whether anyone actually reads this or not, I need to write it. I need to be able to go back and read this for myself if I ever get down.
There has been NOTHING going on to stir up any type of pity party that I want to have for myself. There has been nothing to make me feel like I don't have a good life but as I was catching up on people who have updated their blogs I came across one blog in particular. Ok, I admit, I'm a blog stalker. Not in a creepy way, but I love to read other peoples blogs and about their own lives. Maybe that is creepy....eek. Anyways. I especially love to read pregnancy blogs. Even if I don't know the person, of who's blog I'm reading, I'm happy for them. I don't know them! Yet, I can't help but feel so excited for them and want to know if it's a boy or a girl, and see cute pictures. Geez, I am a creep.
So, I saw a blog, on a friends blog, titled '18 weeks'. Duh, it's a pregnancy blog so I'm going to click on it and read it. As I read about this stranger describing how she found out she ws pregnant and how she told her husband, I was so thrilled for them. I could just feel how happy she was to be sharing this news. I continued to read about their long 3 year struggle of getting this baby. She wrote about all the doctors, the fertility medications, the negative tests, the failed in-vitro, and weeks that turned into months, into years of waiting and hoping. My emotion of happiness turned to sadness for her. I also had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. Grateful for everything, namely my son. Though as I felt sad for her, she didn't feel sad for herself. In fact, she stayed unbelievably positive. She was so strong. A strength which I am sure I could never have. A strength I admire.
Mike and I struggled to get pregnant for 8 months. I didn't ovulate, plain and simple. I did 2 cycles of 3 month ovulation tests and after never receiving a positive the entire 6 months of peeing on a stick everyday, my doctor decided to put me on clomid. The first cycle...failed. The second cycle...a positive test. I couldn't believe it. At the time it had seemed like a lifetime. I now know it was over in the blink of an eye.
This woman, I don't even know, made me want to be so much better. So much better at turning to my Father in Heaven even when I don't NEED something. So much better and staying positive when the going get's rough. So much better at recognizing my own blessings.
I am grateful for my son and the fact that I have him. I am so blessed in more ways than one and I am grateful to those, friend or stranger, who open my eyes to so much more.

1 comment:
You have such a positive attitude! I can't wait to read more of your posts!
Post a Comment