Zero


1 Happy Thoughts
I'm down to ZERO more weeks and 4 days. 4 DAYS!!!! I went to my doctor on Thursday for my weekly exam where she listened to the baby's heartbeat and did a painful exam. Since my 38 week appointment when I found out I went from 0cm and 0% effaced at 37 weeks and then was 2cm and 50% effaced at 38 weeks, I was doing all those things they say to do to move things along. So when I went in Thursday, my 39 week appointment, I was hoping to maybe be 3cm but wasn't getting my hopes up. So as she performed a VERY uncomfortable/painful exam, she told me that this baby is comfortable in his home. I was the same. No progress was made.
I'm not necessarily disappointed that he's not coming early, even though it would be nice, I'm mainly disappointed that with all my walking and other things that absolutely no progress was made. So my doctor said she didn't expect him to be here before my due date and then proceeded to discuss with me the induction (i.e. what time to get to the hospital, when she would break my water, not eating anything for 8 hours before, etc). So this little boy is guaranteed to be here this time next week. I'm just happy there is an end in sight. The more I think about having a scheduled induction, the more I like the idea. I'm one who kind of likes things planned. I like knowing that I will arrive at the hospital at 7am on Wednesday, that I will be put on pitocin, have contractions, get my water broken, have more contractions, get an epidural and have a baby. I know that other things can happen, or not go as planned but the big thing for me is that something WILL be happening Wednesday, if not by some miracle sooner. I will try to get pictures and info up as quickly as I can. I am pretty sure most people who read my blog can see my facebook and that's where I will be putting most pictures until we come home. Then I will blog. The induction is scheduled for my due date, Wednesday, September 29th @ 7am.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabulous!!! Such an exciting time! I'm so happy for the two of you! Hurry up Wednesday. :)