An Older Man


2 Happy Thoughts
Friday September 3rd was the big day. I had kept the surprise birthday party I had planned for Mike a secret for months. Ahhh it was hard! I think it is so funny to read friends blogs or Facebook status saying that their 24 or 26 year old husband is so old now. Oh my. Yes, I married An Older Man. Mike turned 30! I love him dearly and wouldn't have had it any other way.

I had told Mike that I was planning a nice night for just the two of us and that Saturday we would do stuff with other friends. He came home from work got showered and I told him we had dinner reservations that we needed to get to. While we were getting ready I was telling Mike that my mom told me my Aunt Elaine has an old sewing machine she might be willing to give me and that she or Elaine would let me know. Mike knows I've been wanting a sewing machine so it was completely believable. My mom was supposed to call me, but didn't so I had to call my Aunt Elaine and pretend that she had called me. I was acting very excited on the phone and when I hung up Mike of coursed questioned why I was so excited. I told him that was Aunt Elaine and she said she is going to give me her old sewing machine. Mike was so happy for me...bless his heart, he didn't know he was being tricked. I told him that Aunt Elaine and Uncle Mark were going to be leaving the next morning and she was wondering if we could pick it up that night. Mike was actually getting excited FOR ME, while secretly, I was excited for him. Geez, I Love that man. So we get to Aunt Elaine's and Mike comes in with me to "help me carry the sewing machine". First of all, when we were pulling up to the house, I was shocked to see not a single car there. I thought maybe a few cars would be there and I would have to act like nothing was going on but there was not a car in sight. Good job everyone. So anyways, we walk inside and Elaine says it's in the kitchen and so as we start to walk back everyone jumps out from behind walls and counters and yell surprise. Mike looked confused at first but then as he looked around and saw all of his friends and family who love him, he realized that we didn't actually have dinner reservations. He went around and hugged everyone and then later whispered in my ear "So are you really getting a sewing machine?" I giggle and said no. He said he was bummed because he really wanted me to be able to have a sewing machine. He is always putting me first...even on his own birthday at his own surprise party. Such an amazing man.

Mike's best friend growing up was Erik. Erik is seriously one of the best people you could ever meet. He is friends with everyone and I have never heard an unkind, vulgar or disrespectful word leave Erik's mouth. Erik has been in the Navy for I think a year now and we saw him on memorial day. Mike found out he was coming into town for Labor Day but Mike thought he wouldn't see him until Saturday. So needless to say when Mike saw Erik for the first time since Memorial Day, it was a fun surprise.

Mike and Erik

Mike and Scarlet (Chris in the background)


Ignore me....Mike's family all giving each other hugs.

Mike and his friend Hugo


Mike and his Aunt Raelynn

Mike and his Cowboys birthday CakeI had Spring Creek BBQ cater

Making his wish

Blowing out his candles

My parents got him a One year subscription to Sports Illustrated

It was a GREAT night. I'm so glad it worked out and Mike had a good 30th Birthday.

2 comments:

Scarlet said...

Loving your blog posts!! I'm laughing at the picture of mike and I....why is it me and not chris in the picture.haha. That was a great night thanks for inviting us!!

Lott's Wife said...

What a fun night!! I guess if you're going to be involved with an older man, he might as well be as gorgeous as your husband is!!!