I was invited to the home of a girl I go to church with for a play date, aka "mommy needs a break and a chance to talk to another adult" time. Since we've moved I don't know a lot of people we go to church with yet but I've talked with her on a few occasions at church and she was very sweet, so it was nice to receive a call from her inviting Preston and I over for the afternoon. It was nice to talk to her and see how similar she and I are. There are quite a few women at our church who are what I'm not (refer to the "what I'm not" list). There are times that I have thought that's what I SHOULD be, it's what is expected of me. Not anymore. I'm happy with who I am and I'm not going to change.
I'm NOT:
-The mom who has the house spotless every day.
-The mom who has dinner cooked and on the table every night.
-The mom who gets a shower every day.
-The mom who wears her hair down other then nice occasions.
-The mom who puts make-up on daily.
-The mom who wears cute outfits from Nordstrom or J.Crew.
-The mom who has cute necklaces, earrings, and bracelets.
I AM:
-The mom who crawls around the floor playing with my child.
-The mom who takes walks and sits on the grass outside.
-The mom who will run around the playground and go down the slide.
-The mom who will be screaming next to her child on a roller coaster.
-The mom who doesn't care if peas and carrots are spit in my face, hair and all over my shirt.
-The mom who will play in the rain and make mud pies.
-The mom who cares more about her child than anything else.

1 comment:
i'm right there with ya. I do feel like now that grayson is older and isn't as dependent on me that I can do more for myself so that may change for you. As long as you feel good about yourself then there's no need to change you're a great mom and you definitely don't need those materialistic things to be that way. Being on the ground with your child playing and being okay with being dirty is the best way. You don't need to be a HOUSEWIFE which when I think of that word I think of all the REAL HOUSEWIVES reality TV shows. hahaha garbage. I like your second list better anyway. :>
Post a Comment