Why do we like Fairy Tales? I like fairy tales because they aren't real. Magic carpets, genies, fairy godmothers, mermaids, beasts, and dwarfs aren't real. We like the fairy tale because it's fun to have an imagination and to pretend. I don't know of a single girl who didn't dream of being a princess at one point or another. Well, of course I grew up and married my "prince" and became his "princess" but c'mon, who are we kidding? I'm not a princess. Nobody bows to me, I clean my own house, I don't have authority, I don't have to follow proper/royal protocol, but non the less, I am still treated as a princess by my wonderful husband. To remember this as my mother remembers the day Prince Charles and Diana were married, I wanted to blog...for journaling purposes, so that I may remember this day.

There IS one part of the fairy tales that ACTUALLY does exist in real life. In many countries, there ARE Kings, Queens, Princes, and Princesses and tomorrow morning at 4:00am(Texas time) Prince William will marry Kate Middleton and she will become a Princess. Not an imaginary, my husband treats me well, so I FEEL like a Princess...an ACTUAL Princess. She will have to dress, act, speak, and completely become as a princess. Prince William will become the King of England, making Kate, a commoner, the Queen. It's a real life fairy tale coming true.
1 comment:
I know people think the wedding and hype is stupid, but I totally got caught up in it! The wedding was amazing and definitely a fairy tale...although I'm glad I don't actually have to live it :)
Post a Comment