FHE Horseback Riding


0 Happy Thoughts
To say that life has been a little crazy lately would be a drastic under statement.
I am so behind on blogging so be prepared for MANY blog posts.

Mike home teaches an AWESOME couple in our ward that for so long had invited us to go out and ride their horses with them but with me being with Madison, I wasn't able to go. Finally I had Madison and a few short months later we were finally getting together. They came over to our house for dinner and I felt guilty that because it was such a hectic day that day, I didn't have time to prep dinner and so Papa John's pizza it was.
Afterwards we went to where they board their horses and no joke its the ranch/field right behind our subdivision. Austin (Mike's home teachee who owns the horses) saddled up three horses which he labeled "the beginner horse" "the intermediate horse" and "the advanced horse". The advanced horse is Austin's roping horse that he was riding and since I had horses a good chunk of my life and have ridden a lot, he suggested I ride the intermediate horse and Preston could ride the beginner horse. As he saddled the horses we explored, went and saw a donkey, threw the ball for one of the VERY playful ranch dogs and met some other horses. Then, the horses were saddled and ready to go. (Excuse the iphone photos)

In high school my brother and I worked/volunteered at a horse ranch teaching riding lessons and doing trail rides and every morning we had to saddle up all the horses to get ready for summer camp that day. I always thought it was so cute to saddle up the horses with little tiny kids saddles. When Austin brought out the beginner horse with a tiny kids saddle of course I thought it was adorable but then to see my own child be hoisted into that kids saddle and ride without anyone on the horse with him...my heart melted.
Preston loved every minute of it. I was SO happy that he didn't get scared or nervous because I think that might have broke my country girl's heart. In fact, he kept wanting to go faster but the "beginner horse" only had one speed and that was SLOW! Austin then took Preston up onto his roping horse with him and they went fast. Preston had the time of his life.
I also loved riding and miss it greatly. My family sold our last horse for my brother's mission fund and I can count the times I've ridden since then on one hand. 

We all had a GREAT time... Check out the video.



No comments: