Now that I am finally (with just one or two left) caught up blogging, I want to work on my other resolutions.
With Madison's arrival I have been so busy this first month and learning to adjust to two kids that I never got around to making resolutions/goals for the year so now, I am.
My Goals/Resolutions:
*Take more pictures with my CAMERA! I am always hesitant to take my camera places 1. because it is SO big and heavy that it's a little bit of a pain in the booty 2. because I don't want people having that "did you really need your massive camera to get a picture of this" kind of looks and 3. because now I am anal about pictures and I want them edited and since I'm busy editing my client's pictures I don't have time and energy to then go and edit all the ones I take. Well, no more of that. I will make room in my bag for my camera, I won't care what people think because in the end I have pictures I love and then I WILL make time to edit my own pictures otherwise I've done what I wanted to avoid and that was to be so busy with work that I put my family (or in this case my own family's pictures) on the back burner.
*With all these pictures, I really need to blog more. I say this ALL the time and yet still get behind and I'm not promising I won't get behind but I am promising I will record memories at some point. Even if it's a little late.
*I will not buy a single can of formula for Madison I did a terrible job nursing with Preston. I stopped at 5 months and never once froze/stored any of my milk. Formula was expensive and let's face it, it's just not the same as breast milk. My goal is to nurse as long as I can (up to a year) and then depending on when I stop, have enough stored to give Madison breast milk until her first birthday or maybe even until she's 18 months.
*Stay in shape When I stopped nursing Preston, I got a little bit of a gut from not burning those nursing calories. It wouldn't have been a problem except I did nothing to fix it. I didn't work out and I didn't eat right until two months before I got pregnant with Madison. NOT OK! This time, we don't plan on getting pregnant again for a few years so it's time to start staying healthy now. I'm not trying to lose weight so don't get the "your ridiculous because you're already skinny and I hate you" thoughts (Ahem!....MOM!) I'm just trying to take better care of my body especially since for the next 11 months I have a baby depending on the health of my body for the health of hers.
*Increase my spirituality I need to work harder on all things relating to spiritual growth. Kindness, prayers, scripture study, service, reading the Ensign, making Sunday's more Christ focused, etc.
*Stop being lazy Yup! I am a lazy person. My house is a mess but would be a horrendous disaster if I didn't have Mike. He is such a huge help keeping it clean and I feel guilty if it's a disaster when he get's home. Not because he makes me feel guilty but because I know how much he likes a clean house and I want him to have that. I can't guarantee it will be spotless but it needs to be picked up daily. If something (dishes, laundry, etc) needs to be done....DO IT!
Those are my goals. I know I started late but better late than never.

No comments:
Post a Comment