Madison Paige
-Born 12/28/12 @ 2:42pm
- Pitocin started at 7:45am
-Water broken at 8:00am
-Nurse's Name: Tasha (I absolutely LOVED my nurse!)
-Weight: 7lbs 11.6oz
-Height: 20in
WARNING: DETAILED INFORMATION AND PICTURES THAT
HAVE MY THIGHS BUT NOTHING ELSE.
The night before my induction Mike and I dropped Preston off at Linda's and we had a date night to Olive Garden and then went and saw the last Twilight movie. During the movie I was having contractions that varied every 10-20 minutes. We then went home and I paced up and down the hall as Mike got some cleaning done and packed his hospital bag. My contractions got a little closer together so I kept walking to keep them coming but eventually at 1am I was tired and decided to give up and go to bed since I had to be up to leave for the hospital at 6:30am. The contractions stopped when I went to bed and then my alarm went off and it was time to get up and get the show on the road.
I arrived at the hospital, checked in and then got hooked up to monitors and my i.v. got started. My nurse Tasha was amazing and she started my pitocin around 7:45 and then Dr. Holt came in and broke my water at 8:00. I went in at 3cm and 10% effaced and things went very quick. By 10am I was 6cm and 90% effaced and I was BEGGING for an epidural. I got my epidural and it was numbing my legs and shortening the length I felt my contractions but it didn't help the intensity. I told the nurse and she got the anesthesiologist back in and he gave me something else in my epidural and it worked. It beyond worked. I was the happiest, most relaxed, comfortable person in the world at that point. Before I knew it my nurse checked me at 1:30 and I was 10cm and 100% effaced. It was game time...except Madison, just like her brother, was too high still and I needed to "labor down" which meant sit there until she came down a little more. But like I said, I was so extremely comfortable that I didn't care. My nurse said that she would be back at 2pm and we could start pushing. She came back at 2pm but said that Dr. Holt was caught up at the office and she then asked if I felt OK to wait a little longer and I said yes. She then came in at 2:25 and said that Dr. Holt called, said she was on her way and that I could start pushing if I was ready. I pushed about 6 times and Madison was crowning. My doctor wasn't there so my nurse made me stop pushing, she called for another nurse, they crossed my legs, and I had to take quick little breathes for her not to come out. My doctor sprinted into the room, ripped her jacket off , gowned and gloved like a mad woman and made it just in time to catch Madison. She was born at 2:42pm and was perfect. She took right to nursing, and has been such a great baby ever since.
Recovery has gone really well for me and I felt back to my normal self within a week unlike with Preston where it took me a little longer than that. Here are the pictures my mom took.

































2 comments:
Such a beautiful moment! So glad that it went well for you!
I love birth stories, it is such an amazing moment when those sweet little ones arrive! I am glad it went so well and she is beautiful as can be!
Post a Comment