Our Weekend
Mike and I had an amazing weekend together! Friday we went and finally got a new bed! It's an amazingly comfortable KING. We love it. We had to get new bedding going from a queen to a king, so we shopped around and finally found bedding we liked. It's a dark red, brown and gold. I had some left over red glaze from doing the downstairs bathroom so I thought we would just paint the wall behind the bed as an accent wall since I was not going to use that red GLAZE anywhere else. Well, glaze is supposed to be smeared on the wall with a rag or ripped up t-shirt. I didn't want the smeared look in the bedroom, I wanted the actual painted look. So I decided I was going to just go ahead and pretend like it was regular paint. It worked well except for the fact that it wasn't very thick, so I had to do multiple coats. Luckily it was only one wall. I was standing on a chair trying to reach the top and wasn't really paying attention to the tray I was holding and it slowly tipped lower and lower and finally something wet was running down my leg and I looked to see that I spilt a puddle of glaze to the newspaper below. At this point I was starting to get frustrated because the glaze was hard to paint with and I was starting to make a mess. Mike hates to paint. I asked him if he could get the top for me he was EXTREMELY reluctant, but he agreed. He had to use an actual brush instead of a roller so that it wouldn't get on the surrounding walls. So if you look carefully at our wall, you can see streak marks in the corners vs the roller marks. At that point we just did not care. We were tired and frustrated. The wall is done and that was that! The only thing we don't have now is a bed frame. So we are sleeping on just the box springs and the mattress. We went to a movie with Megan and Josiah last night which is amazing in itself. Megan and Josiah both work at an accounting firm and they work like 70-80 hour weeks. So it is pretty rare that we get to see them. I can't wait until tax season is over and I can have my best friend back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment