You're Doing OK


2 Happy Thoughts
I hate days like today. After a rough night last night with Madison I have had ZERO motivation to do anything. I mean Z.E.R.O and AN-Y-THING. Toys are scattered across my living room, the bread isn't put away from the sandwich I made, the bed is not made (but who are we kidding, when is it ever made?) and my husband just got home to dinner not ready. It's a miracle both Preston and I have actual clothes on instead of pajamas whereas Madison is a lost cause still in her jammies. Days like today I feel like a failure. I failed in all my 'roles'. As a mom, I failed to get my second child dressed and to do more than puzzles and watch Mickey Mouse with my first. As a wife, my husband came home to a messy house and will have to hide his hunger pains and wait for dinner until I vent my feelings on this blog. As a housekeeper, haha and a chef, a joke as well.
I hate feeling like I've let Mike and my kids down. Although my wonderful husband would never speak an unkind word or utter one single ounce of disappointment, I am disappointed in myself. My family deserves more but then I have to remember days like yesterday....
Although it has come to bite me in the butt today, Madison slept a lot yesterday. I was able to vacuum all the floors, got dressed and look nice for my husband, made the bed, picked up the bedrooms, did the dishes, read books and played with Preston, made a cake with Preston, tried a new recipe for dinner with a yummy dessert that was separate from the cake and was happy and cheerful for my sweetheart when he arrived home.
I have down days. I'm human. Not every day can I be super mom/wife...but I can try.

Our cake baking yesterday...





2 comments:

Whitney said...

I don't think anyone is supermom all the time! We always tend to see the best of people, but not what their "real" days are like. We can't do everything, and our no one expects you to. We usually only remember the good days anyway! Keep your chin up and tomorrow is a new day! :)

Scarlet said...

I'm having a day like this....sweatpants and jacket don't want to do anything. The only real reason I got some stuff done is because I live with my mom. haha : ) Love the pics!