So most people who know me know that I don't do the whole Valentine's thing. I think Valentine's Day is an excuse for girls to ask for romantic gestures and a day where guys feel obligated to get flowers for their significant other. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for showin' the love but it SHOULD be shown other times than Valentine's Day too. ANYWAYS...
While I think love should be celebrated a lot more often than one day in February, I still like that Valentine's Day does celebrate love. Mike and I don't do anything special. He didn't get me flowers or a card, or do anything that made it unlike any other day which I am TOTALLY fine with but I didn't even think about celebrating love with my children. Man did I feel like a bad mom as I browsed through Instagram to see my friends posting pictures of the gifts they got their kids and the fun breakfasts they made with strawberries cut in the shape of hearts and heart shaped pancakes with raspberry jam, etc. My kids aren't old enough to understand Valentine's Day anyways but I didn't even think about the fact that Valentine's Day celebrates all types of love. So I felt terrible I didn't do anything fun for my kids but I did dress them in red and take some pictures....


No comments:
Post a Comment