Fun Weekend


0 Happy Thoughts
















My awesome cousin Janene and her husband Aaron invited us to Aaron's grandparent's house for a fun weekend. His grandparents live on the lake and have jet skis and fun water toys so we were pretty pumped. Mike and I were ready for a weekend of fun so Thursday night Mike's mom came over to stay with Preston and we picked up Sean and Becky for the 4 hour drive ahead of us. We got there late so we found our rooms and got ready for bed. The next morning Mike and I were up before everyone else because we did NOT sleep very well. Then, my cousin's husband Vance was up and we decided to attempt to fish. Well, it was too late, even though it was only 8:00am, to catch fish. Slowly more people started waking up and coming outside. The boys shot pellet guns and us women went in and cooked breakfast. We at breakfast and then immediately changed into swimsuits and headed out for the day. We played on the jet skis, rope swing and water toys all day. We took a break for lunch and we were exhausted but we caught our second wind and were back out after lunch. We then came in, took turns showering, took a quick trip to the grocery store and then had dinner. We sat around and talked, watched a movie, had dessert, and then went to bed. The next morning the boys were going to wake up at 6am to fish. I couldn't sleep so I decided to fish also. We went down, caught some little bait fish and tried our luck at catching some catfish. I caught the first two and then Aaron and Vance caught the other two. We were SO sore from tubing the day before that I was sore in places I didn't know could get sore. But, we put our life jackets on and went back out for an early morning jet ski ride. We played all morning until Becky and I were riding the tube the Sean was pulling and as we were getting back on from falling off, Sean went to accelerate and the rope got caught in the propeller. We were about to stop anyways to get ready to head home because Sean and Becky had a wedding to get to. So Mike came out and towed us back to the dock but then the boys spent longer than expected trying to get the rope out. So we were delayed in leaving BUT the rope came out and everything was fine. We were all so tired and sore, so needless to say the drive home wasn't very talkative. We had a blast though and it was so fun to be able to spend time with our cousins. Thanks Janene and Aaron!!!

No comments: