Ketchup


1 Happy Thoughts
It's time to play Catch-up....even though I spelt it Ketchup in the title.
The day after Mother's Day Mike and I went horseback riding and I loved it! Mike enjoyed it also, especially with it being his first time. He rode a horse named "Shotgun Red" and my horse's name was "Poco". SO much fun!




Preston is almost 8 months. Time has FLOWN by but I love the new stage he is in.
Some things about Preston
~He is crawling ALL over the place and gets in to everything. Nothing that isn't manageable.
~After he started crawling, the very next day he started pulling himself up on EVERYTHING. He's had a few accidents of slipping and falling and has had a few bumps and bruises to show for it but this kid is a trooper and super tough.
~He wears clothes size 12-18months
~He loves to stick his tongue out and make noises.
~He does a great job copying the sounds we make
~He LOVES his food especially sweet potatoes, squash, and then other mixed foods. He loves ritz crackers.
~At church all he wants to do is stand at the back of the bench and stare at people behind us.
~His front upper left tooth has broken the gums and is really coming in now. It's the first tooth to actually cause sleepless nights, irritability and fever.
~He loves to be outside and is extremely observant of everything.

Mike is doing great. His job is doing really well and he absolutely loves being a dad. He loves to come home from work and see me and Preston. Mike lets me sleep in on the weekend and he gets up with Preston and he loves their alone time. Mike is absolutely loving the fact that he is a Mavericks fan since they are doing so well. Mike is NOT a "fair weathered fan". He loves the Cowboys, the Mavs, and the Rangers NOT MATTER WHAT! He is such a strong and spiritual person and such a great priesthood leader and head of our household.

Me. I still LOVE being able to be a stay at home mom and be with Preston all day. I love that I'm not accountable to anyone but myself. I love that I have my free time to clean, grocery shop or run errands, when/if I want. Mike and I were both called to be our ward's emergency preparedness specialists a while back and we are very excited to teach combined 3rd hour next Sunday. With the tornado that JUST hit Joplin, MO yesterday, I'm really hoping that people will really listen to what we have to say and what we and the bishop have in mind for our ward. I've taken the reigns on this calling more than Mike and have really started to get passionate about it. Not that Mike hasn't, but he was just offered a new calling yesterday that he accepted. It will take up a LOT of his time and he will be sustained in two weeks. So stay tuned to find out what the calling is.

Mike and I were able to go to the temple on Saturday night and I absolutely love feeling the spirit so strongly inside the temple and the feeling I have afterwards. I'm so grateful for all that we have and how blessed we are. We really do have a GREAT life!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Where did y'all go horseback riding?? I would love to do that. Haven't been since I was kid and had my own horses. Plus, Brandon is scared of horses and I think it would be even more fun to watch him ride!