Mother's Day


0 Happy Thoughts
I'm not gonna lie. I STRESSED to Mike how important Mother's Day is to me, especially now that I'm a mother. Now, Mother's Day is more important to me than my own birthday. I'venever been to fond of my birthday to begin with but I don't work hard to earn my birthday. I do absolutely nothing to turn one year older BUT I work my tail off to be a mom. It's the hardest yet best job I've ever done in my life and gosh dang it I want that one day a year to REALLY be recognized for everything I do as a mom. Mike got me a purse, but knows how picky I am with purses so it was a "substitute purse" until I return it and pick out a new one. Then I've been telling him how I've missed riding horses. I grew up with horses and grew up riding and we sold our last horse for my brother's mission money. I volunteered at a horse park giving riding lessons, trails rides, and teaching summer camps but it has be a WHILE since I've riden. So, for Mother's Day, tomorrow Mike and I are going horseback riding. YAY! My city slicker husband has never been so this should be fun!
We had a GREAT day today with church then lunch with Mike's family and then dinner with mine. AND...the best Mother's Day present...Preston OFFICIALLY started crawling when we were at my parent's house. He would get on his hands and knees, take 3-4 what I call "steps" (basically hand/knee movements) and then he would fall to his belly. NOT TONIGHT!!! He got on all fours and just kept crawling. Now it's like a light bulb went off like "Hey! This is so much better than army crawling and dragging myslef." So fun to watch that little boy progress and develope.





No comments: