What a Weekend


0 Happy Thoughts
Mike and I have been slacking on taking pictures and we thought that since we had such a fun weekend planned that we would take a bunch of pictures. Well, now I can't find my camera cord to download all of them. I will try to find it and post the pictures.

About a month ago Mike and I talked about going to California for Mike's cousin's wedding. We asked off work and were really excited about going. We then figured out how much this would cost us and normally it probably wouldn't have been a big deal especially since we are saving so much money living in the apartment. Unfortunately even with us staying with some of my family and not spending money on a hotel, we came to the conclusion that with this baby coming, we need to keep money like that instead of spend it. Mike and I had talked about doing a mini vacation to maybe San Antonio since we already had off of work, but ultimately we decided to vacation at home. We had off of work Thursday and Friday so we planned to do some things here around Dallas. We were able to sleep in our own bed, sleep in and spend 3/4 the amount of money we would have spent. Thursday we went to the Dallas Aquarium which was cool, a little pricey for what you actually got to see. For the price, I was disappointed but still thought it was neat.

Friday we went to the Fort Worth Zoo which is one of the top 5 Zoos in the nation. IT WAS AMAZING. The weather was great and we loved it. The price was significantly lower than the aquarium and the Zoo was 100 times better. That night we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. You can never go wrong with Cheesecake Factory.

Saturday we just hung out around the house and then my parents met us at our house around 3 and we all drove to Fort Worth to the BYU/TCU basketball game which was a lot of fun. Of course, we won. We made a deal that my parents paid for our tickets and we paid for dinner. We took them to Maggiano's. For those of you who have never been to Maggiano's, it's an amazing, amazing Italian restaurant. Normally an entree is about $20-$30 but they have a family menu where for about $25/per person which means for the entire table you pick 2 appetizers, 2 salads, 4 entrees, and 2 desserts. Oh and....it's all unlimited. You run out of fried zucchini and they bring you more until you tell them to stop. So needless to say we were all stuffed and ready for fast Sunday. Not like I needed to be ready, I don't fast since I'm pregnant.

Last night I wore a more form fitting shirt for the first time in a while with a jacket over it. Well during dinner I unzipped the jacket and after dinner we were all saying how full we were and I JOKINGLY pushed out my belly pretty far. Mike was like "Oh my gosh you look really pregnant." He insisted on taking a picture. I begged for him not to since it was a joke but he did. After I stopped pushing my belly out and went back to my natural self, my parents, Mike and I noticed that for the first time my belly is a little bigger than it normally is. Yes, I'm actually getting a baby bump.

All my life people have commented on how skinny I was joking that I must never eat and that when I get pregnant I will start showing when I'm 6 months. Well, to all those people I hate to disappoint you but here I am almost 3 months pregnant and I'm developing a bump. I eat right and I exercise 2-3 times a week so I promise I'm not fat.
How far along you are is calculated by the last day you started your period because nobody TRULY knows when they conceived unless they used assistance from a Doctor. So since most women ovulate 14 days after they start their period, they say if you are 10 weeks pregnant your baby is actually 8 weeks old. When I went in for my ultrasound, I was 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant but based on the size of my baby and development the baby was 8 weeks and 5 days old. So instead of my baby being the 2 weeks behind me like usual, my baby is only 1 week. So I will be 11 weeks pregnant on Wednesday and my baby is actually 10 weeks as of yesterday. I understand a growing belly is a part of being pregnant but I've known so many people that didn't show for such a long time. I'm not disappointed, I just don't want people to think I'm a lot farther along than I really am. I'm keeping up with my exercising though and eating well, so hopefully I wont deliver a 12lb baby.

Mike and I are NOT looking forward to going back to work since this weekend has been so nice with fun activities and beautiful weather but life goes on.

No comments: