We are making progress in this pregnancy very slowly but surely. I will be 8 weeks on Wednesday and somehow I scheduled my 8 week ultrasound for the 26th, when I will be 9 weeks. Oh well. We just have to wait one more week. Mike and I are excited for our ultrasound because it still doesn't seem real to us yet.
I've had on and off nausea. I usually get evening sickness every day and then only some days I am nauseous ALL day. Yesterday I had to work in the morning because we didn't work Friday due to the 10 inches(?) of snow that we got. I came home afterwards and took a nap because I am exhausted all the time. I woke up from my nap and was SOOOOOO sick. I threw up for the first time which was not fun. I'm still feel extremely grateful and lucky that it's only happened one time. Although I feel I've jinxed myself. I was chatting with my Dad on Friday telling him how I've been so blessed not to throw up and be sick all day every day like some women. Then the very next day I throw up. Karma.
Although I've had the common symptoms such as mood swings, fatigue, frequent trips to the bathroom, and nausea, I still am trying to grasp the concept of being pregnant. Mainly because I haven't seen the baby, I'm not showing, and I haven't heard the baby's heartbeat.
My Mom bought some newborn diapers and some onesies that I absolutely loved seeing. I can NOT wait until we get to find out what we are having. We have decided not to tell anyone except for close family and friends what names we like. Sorry, but we know there are baby name stealer's out there and we like the names we've picked out too much to let someone else have them. We were clever in picking names that we have never personally known of anyone to pick or use (that way WE aren't baby name stealer's). We will tell maybe the month before I'm due so that I don't have to worry about someone due before me snatching our name.
I can't wait to reach fun milestones in my pregnancy and then to actually have the baby here and in my arms. EEK.
We will try to post pictures and keep those who want to be in the loop, in the loop.
Although I've had the common symptoms such as mood swings, fatigue, frequent trips to the bathroom, and nausea, I still am trying to grasp the concept of being pregnant. Mainly because I haven't seen the baby, I'm not showing, and I haven't heard the baby's heartbeat.
My Mom bought some newborn diapers and some onesies that I absolutely loved seeing. I can NOT wait until we get to find out what we are having. We have decided not to tell anyone except for close family and friends what names we like. Sorry, but we know there are baby name stealer's out there and we like the names we've picked out too much to let someone else have them. We were clever in picking names that we have never personally known of anyone to pick or use (that way WE aren't baby name stealer's). We will tell maybe the month before I'm due so that I don't have to worry about someone due before me snatching our name.
I can't wait to reach fun milestones in my pregnancy and then to actually have the baby here and in my arms. EEK.
We will try to post pictures and keep those who want to be in the loop, in the loop.

3 comments:
You are doing so good. :) It is hard in the beginning before you hear the heartbeat or are showing. Have you gotten the most amazing book called What To Expect When You're Expecting? I love it! It helps to verify what you're feeling is normal and what to look forward to. Check it out if you haven't already. I am loving to read your blog. Thanks for the updates.
Haha, good choice! I HATE baby name stealers!
Your first-trimester sounds a lot like mine with Lily! Just feeling icky all the time. Go to bed early. It helps with the evening sickness. It'll feel more eral once you've heard the heartbeat. That was the coolest experience that I really didn't anticipate being so awesome. Do you have a due date yet?
Post a Comment