![]()
My husband is wonderful. Let me just start by saying that! He is severly lactose intolerant and gets very sick. This means that poor Michael cannot have many desserts because of the dairy. I was grocery shopping one day and I found a cake mix that had no dairy. Mike was so happy and loves to make cupcake so that he can have a sweet snack every now and then. About a week ago, I was driving home from work talking with Mike on the phone and he said that since we were out of the paper cupcake cup things that he was going to make a cake. I was a little nervous because the boy can barely make toast without burning it. But I decided not to nag and to have some faith in him. I get home and the house smelt WONDERFUL!!! So I decided to peek in the oven to see what was producing this scrumptious smell. I see an 8 inch pan almost filled to the top with cake batter. I turned to Mike and I asked him how long he planned to cook his cake. He replied "Oh I don't know, maybe 20 minutes like the cupcakes." I took a calm breath in and looked at the back of the box. I then asked him "Babe...did you put ALL the batter into that ONE pan?" He of course said yes. I then asked "Sweetheart.... did you read the directions?" He said Yes but he wasn't sure what the size of the pan was so he didn't know how much time he needed to bake cake. I showed him and back of the box where it says "2 8inch" Then says "34-36 minutes" right below it. I said "See here babe....it says to seperate the batter into 2 8inch pans and cook it for 34 minutes" He looked and me as if I was a little confuse on what I was telling him. He turned to me and said "No Kylie, that says to cook it 34 minutes for a 28inch pan." I said "Mike 24inches is 2 feet so that would make 28inches 2 1/2 feet long!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!" The lightbulb came on and he had an "OOOOHHHHH" Moment. While the cake was still baking I asked him if we could go to Lowe's so I could get some paint to paint the bathroom and he said "I can't leave now! I dont want my cake to burn." WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE!
Anyways. His 20 minute timer went off and he took the golden brown cake out of the oven. He looked at me and said "See Babe, I told you it would be fine." So I replied "Ok Mike. Go ahead and cut into the cake" He told me that "You have to let it cool before you can cut it." I told him I don't think the cake can be ruined anymore! He cut into the cake and his beautiful golden brown top fell right into the pool of batter that was laying beneath it. I looked at him with "I told you so" eyes. He looked back at me after trying to avoid eye contact and said "Dang it. I hate it when you are right."
I LOVE HIM!!!
Why Men need to stay out of the Kitchen!
Why Men need to stay out of the Kitchen!
