Since my last post I have had full on pregnancy symptoms. Whoa! Unlike with Preston, I am pretty sick with this baby. Luckily I do have an occasional good day. A bad day for me is when every smell, any food I look at, any food I think of just repulses me and makes me want to throw up. Those days are hard because I get even more sick when I go long periods without food so I'm just constantly sick. Good days are days that I might possibly be able to bring myself to eat something. I've had a few 'cravings' but I don't really know if they are cravings or more 'I could possibly eat _____ without wanting to throw up'. The cravings I have are the things that actually sound good and don't make me want to vomit. So it's not like I just eat anything and everything all day and then give into a junk food craving. Mike is so happy when I am 'craving' something because it means that I might actually eat something that day and not starve myself or unborn child.
I am also a lot more emotional and moody than I was with Preston. I thank the all day sickness for the excess moodiness because I am NOT a happy sick person but I am super emotional too. We bought DVD players for our new car and the other day Preston was watching Beauty and the Beast in the car (my favorite Disney movie) and without even being able to see the movie, I knew it was the end when Beast dies and I cried. I cried!!! Poor Mike has getting the brunt of my moodiness but he has been nothing but sweet, accommodating and kind and so the other day he was at the grocery store with Preston and sent me a sweet text message that was so sweet, I cried.
The only pregnancy symptom that I've had with both pregnancies is my good old friend fatigue/exhaustion. Holy cow I am so beat. To add to being pregnant this time I have a toddler, I watch other people's kids and I have over booked myself with a packed photography schedule. If I don't nap when Preston does during the day I am ready to call it a night by 8pm but luckily if I get a nap I can make it to 10pm. I'm so worn out.
No more hiding. I started showing with Preston around 10 weeks and I've heard you show earlier after your first baby so I was prepared to show early. I swear as each week goes by I poke out more and more. Since we haven't really told many people, I'm trying to wear loose fitting clothes and suck in what I can. Yesterday (5/27/12) Mike's family came over to dinner and we decided we would tell them (I'm currently 9 weeks) but apparently the way I was wearing my belt over my maxi dress and the fact that I have a bump gave something away. As I prepped some food before we all sat down I noticed Mike's aunt looking at me and thought 'oh man, she's noticing my bump'. We all got ready to sit down to dinner and she quietly leaned over to me and said 'can I ask you an inappropriate question?' I said 'yes I am'. As Mike said the blessing on the food he said the usual 'thank you for our family being able to be here together, thank your for this food, and we thank thee for allowing Kylie and I to be pregnant again....' and he continued with the rest of his prayer. Mike's sister and grandma immediately looked up after the prayer congratulating us and asking questions. Mike's grandma then said she thought so but wasn't sure because it looked like I had my belt above a small bump but she didn't want to ask.
I will admit that before we went to the doctor I was so scared that I was wrong and that I had messed up. I was scared that either I just had a surge in hormones and that was why the pregnancy test was positive or that I read the test wrong, even though I didn't throw either of the 2 tests away for two weeks AND checked them everyday to make sure. It had been a VERY hard concept for me to grasp. The concept of needing fertility medication to get pregnant with Preston and then multiple failed attempts with fertility medication to get pregnant the second time and then all of a sudden when it wasn't planned or any help given, I got pregnant. In my mind it was impossible and there was no way I could be pregnant. So, as we walked into our first doctor's appointment I expressed my fears to Mike in that I was wrong and I had completely prepared myself for the worse. When my doctor came in to do my ultrasound she asked when I got a positive pregnancy test because her two tests she did were SO faintly positive. I knew it. I was wrong and I wasn't pregnant. She said that hopefully we were just off a little bit on how far along I was and that was the cause for the faint positives. She then proceeded with the ultrasound and there was our peanut with a strong heartbeat of 145bpm. What a sigh of relief! She took baby's measurements and according to those I was a few days shy of how far along I thought I was. So, my due date was bumped from Dec. 30th to Jan. 3rd but we asked her if we could go ahead and be induced on the 30th of December for the tax write off and so that we wouldn't have to pay a second deductible just because we had a baby 3 days into the new year and she was 100% ok with that. She said that everything looked really great on the ultrasound and she is expecting a problem free and healthy pregnancy just like I had with Preston.
So that's the basics. I will TRY to keep up with pictures for my own sake. Poor Preston got ripped off on all the cute things because I didn't really have the desire to record my growing belly each weeks or do a monthly picture for him as he turned one month older but as I look back, I wish I had done a better job for MY memories. So, this baby will have all the documentation and I'm hoping that because Preston is a boy, he won't care as much about this kind of stuff.
(Almost 8 weeks)


No comments:
Post a Comment