What's the Rush?


1 Happy Thoughts


Why does my child have to rush everything?

P has been FIGHTING me on his afternoon nap for about 2 weeks now. He screams and cries a cry that I've never heard and stands at his crib just yelling "momma" over and over again. It's so over the top dramatic and honestly so sad to listen to. He rarely will go to sleep, and if he does, it's after 1+ hours of screaming/crying. Finally I take him out and he just plays. He's so happy and giggly but just did NOT want to take a nap. So, that being said, Preston {as of today} has been moved to ONE nap a day.
He used to wake up at 7:30, nap @ 9:30-11/11:30 and then MAYBE sleep from 3-4.
This morning he woke up at 7:30, I put him down for a napy @ 10:20 {he kept saying "na na", which is "night night" and was fussy} and he is still sleeping. I'm hoping he takes a GREAT 2+ hour nap and then bed time @7.
He's only 9 months old....he's not old enough for 1 nap and day and quite frankly I'm not ready! I need him to takes nap just as much if not more than he does.

Second issue.
Church.
My child can NOT sit still. He wants to crawl around and get into things. Even if he isn't wanting to crawl he is just SO noisy. He is always jibber-jabbering, happily mind you, and a COMPLETE distraction to those around us AND ourselves ME! Mike is usually busy during Sunday school either talking with someone about Young Men's and then Third hour he has Young Men's.
Yesterday Mike was looking over his lesson during Sacrament meeting and we had a GREAT speaker from the Stake speaking to us. I was totally wrapped up in his talk and was in the middle of taking notes on some things he was saying but Preston started crawling under the bench behind us. Mike told me to grab Preston, so I had to stop, get Preston and then keep him from crying because I stopped him from accomplishing his goal of escaping.
I KNOW for all you LDS moms out there I am preaching to the choir but it is HARD! I literally get NOTHING out of church. I'm grateful that I am able to at least partake of the sacrament to renew my covenants but I seriously am SO focused on keeping Preston quiet {meaning a pretzel or some snack in his mouth} that I don't even get to listen to anything said.
SO....with that preface, I was out in the hall with Preston the last little bit of Sacrament Meeting and a friend of mine was out there with her little boy. Her little boy is almost 2 so I told her she was so lucky that he is in nursery. She told me I was going to be a hall sitter for a while and that her kids didn't start until they were 15 months or so. WHAT!?!?! I'm so jealous. She only had to put up with "hall sitting for 3 months"....I have 8. Shoot me now.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Oh dear! I love this. Makes me laugh because I totally feel your pain but we were like your friend and didn't take him out in the hall much at all. Grayson pretty much slept in his carseat until he was about 11 months and he recently became a hastle in sacrament meeting...about 15 months. You've got a little rascal on your hands! :>