40 Weeks


1 Happy Thoughts
Pregnancy typically lasts 40 weeks. At least your due date is at 40 weeks. Some women are lucky and go into labor before their due date and some women aren't so lucky and go a little past their due date. I was measuring fairly large, which was understandable considering my surprise of delivering a 9lb 8oz baby, so my doctor decided she would induce me on my due date. I was SOOO ready to have this baby OUT! I was huge, uncomfortable and DONE with being pregnant for 40 weeks. So, Preston was born on Sept. 29th, 2010, my due date and 40 weeks to the day. Here is a terrible picture of me right before I was induced.

40 Weeks Pregnant


40 Weeks seemed like a lifetime as I was counting down each week until Pretson was finally born. It was torture, and as soon as I was 37 weeks (full term) I did EVERYTHING I could to get that baby out...and I mean EVERYTHING. Spicy food, herbal teas, walking (lots of walking), bouncing on exercise balls, and a few unmentionables did NOT get that baby here.
Looking back now, I am thrilled I was able to have the time to prepare and get everything set and ready for his arrival AND it went by fairly fast....once we reached the "grand finale".

Today, Preston is exactly 40 weeks old. He has been on this earth as long as he was in my belly. I can't believe that as of tomorrow, he will have been alive longer than he was in my belly. Because I haven't been counting down to any type of "grand finale" is has literally flown by. I can't imagine my life without him. I truly wonder what it was like with no kids but I can't remember and it's only been 40 weeks. He is growing so fast and I love him more and more every day!!!!

Preston @ 40 Weeks Old

1 comment:

The Hughes Family said...

I was thinkin' the exact same thing about Emma being on this earth as long as she was in my belly when she turned 40 weeks too. I can't get over how fast time flies!!