The Worst Blogger


3 Happy Thoughts
I will be the first to admit that I am the absolute worst at blogging. What can you expect though, I do not have any kids or even a somewhat interesting life. Mike and I hardly do anything and even when we do, we rarely take pictures. Well, that's going to stop. I told Mike that I want to take more pictures so that we can remember things we do. So when we finally do something where we take pictures, I will post those.

I guess I will just give a quick update of the Crump house and the new things that happen.

Mike- Mike was not looking for a job, but he was approached by an old friend (Andy) from a competing company that were looking for salesmen, actually just one salesman. Mike has done really well with Sunburst, being the top seller a couple of times, winning some trips and vacations. Andy had arranged for Mike to meet with the owner of the company (Bill) to discuss the benefits of Mike switching companies. Mike makes a base salary + commission and gets health insurance with Sunburst. Bill told Mike that he would give him a higher base salary and double the percentage he makes on commission. He does not offer health insurance but he would get a MUCH nicer company car (scion toaster thing to a Dodge 1500 TRUCK). This all sounded fairly nice to Mike and I. Unfortunately, Bill was smoking and swearing the whole time he walked around and talked with Mike and he was telling Mike that he wanted him to bring some of the accounts HE established with Sunburst to Bill's company. Mike felt extremely uncomfortable with everything. Luckily a man from one of Mike's old wards also worked for this company and was very very honest with Mike, which we are grateful for. He told Mike that even if the money is better at this other job, he would be at a very unstable job, leaving a stable job with Sunburst. He told Mike that the company is not doing so well and that Bill might have to declare bankruptcy if the business doesn't pick up. Mike then went to his his boss at Sunburst (Bruce) and told him about the situation of him possibly leaving. Mike has known Bruce for a very long time. Bruce was his stake president and a father figure to Mike growing up since Mike's father wasn't around. Michael has worked for Bruce for 7 years! Bruce said he understood Mike wanting to provide for a growing family but would like to "crunch some numbers" and get back with Mike. The next day, Bruce sat Michael down and told him what he could offer in order to have Mike stay. Mike came home immediately and told me the news. We prayed about what we should do and the decision was smacking us right in the face. We chose to stay with Sunburst. Mike is GOOD at his job. He is comfortable with where he is and loves the man he works for. I'm so happy for him and that he can make more money at the job he loves.

Kylie- I am still working with Dr. Bass which I like. For the most part, I love working for him. When I first started as the office manager, he shadowed me and watched everything I did. I felt like yelling at him to back off! Now he knows, I will get the job done and do it correctly. I swear, Dr. Bass would not be able to even function without me there. I took a half day off a while ago and received probably 10 calls from him. "Where is this? How do I do that? Did you call?"...etc. Luckily, I am usually always one step ahead of him. He will yell from his office "Can you confirm tomorrow's appointments?" or "Can you print me a schedule?" I just yell back "I already did". That's usually my answer to every question he asks me. "I already did." Sometimes he will look at me with a "Wow...you already did it?" kind of face. I like it! I was released as the Relief Society chorister. FINALLY! I am now on the Enrichment Board and the Activities Committee. I've had a LOT of people ask lately and the answer is NO. I am still not pregnant! I will just tell everyone so that they know the plan.... My very kind Aunt and Uncle paid for my schooling so that I wouldn't have to take out a loan and pay interest. We are paying them a monthly payment every month until I pay them back every penny. We will be finished paying them by April of 2010. We will then say goodbye to our biggest debt and say hello to pocketing that monthly payment. The time we pay them back is the time we MIGHT (not for sure) be thinking of starting a family. Who knows it could be another year after that. So....now you know it will be at least another year before we even think about it.

Tucker- Oh is he a menace! I love this little pup so dang much. He is baby enough for me. Any baby hunger I had went straight out the window when we got Tucker. The first couple of nights we had him, he slept in our bed with us but when he would wake up in the middle of the night to play, that's when we kicked him out of the bed. We keep him in the half bath during the day and at night, we don't crate him. I put him in the crate one time because he was playing and bit me a little to hard and your supposed to punish them by not playing with them so they see that when they bite, they don't have someone to play with them. I put Tucker in his crate and went into the bathroom to see if skin was broken and he started to cry. I ignored him then he started to yelp. Still ignored him. He then howled a screeching howl. I went to see why he was doing that when I saw that he was trying to bite the wires of the crate, had opened his mouth to wide, and had his jaw STUCK open between the wires and couldn't get out. I had to pull his jaw a little wider and then push him back through. From that point on, I NEVER force him to go into the crate. He's doing well with his potty training. It's taken lots of patience! He will go out the doggy door most times but then sometimes he doesn't want to miss out on play time with us and he will have an accident. He can sit and almost lie down. He's just too much of a spaz to sit still. I just started taking him on walks and he LOVES LOVES LOVES to run around outside. It's so cute to watch him. We love him!

3 comments:

The Lotts said...

No pressure on the baby thing...Jake and I have been married for four years and still no babies. Eventually they just stop asking :)

Adam and Jess said...

That is so awesome that he got a bonus just for staying. A cruise sounds like a fun way to celebrate. You guys are such a cute couple, happy anniversary (way late). I can't believe you've only been married a year and getting pressure for kids.. I don't mind telling people, they are so much fun... if you're ready for them. You don't want to ever feel like your kids have held you back from experiencing life together or goals. I love my boys and I'm glad I had time to get to know my husband too.

David and Vanessa said...

Thank goodness MIKE chose to stay. He leaves....I take a pay cut!
Kylie- your husband is an amazing person to work with. I am happy to say to the Mothers/Grandmothers that STILL call wanting to hook him up with their daughters/grandaughters "Sorry, he is happily married!"
Vanessa