My late update of Thanksgiving
Well. Thanksgiving was great. The good thing about having mine and Mike's family close by is that we can see them whenever we want. The bad thing is that we gain 10 pounds from our two Thanksgiving dinners. We woke up early that morning where I went with Mike to watch him play in the Turkey Bowl. He was cold but had some great plays. Needless to say, the old man was pretty sore a little later that day and throughout the week. We came home and got showered for dinner at 1 with his family. I had plenty of time to make my homemade pumpkin pie. Mike ran to the store for a few things and called me when he was about to leave and said "Are you SURE we don't need anything else?" I said that I didn't think so and that he could come home. I began making my pie and right as I'm making the filling and about to add the 3 eggs I needed, I saw I only had 2, so I tried to call Mike and hurry and catch him. I hear his phone ringing and the door to the garage opening. I told him I needed eggs but poor thing still had to shower and get ready so I told him I would improvise. So that is what I did. Since my portion of eggs was reduced, I just reduced the size of every other ingredient. Mike then received a message from his Aunt telling us to some over and HOUR earlier! AHH! So, my dough didn't get to refrigerate of freeze the time it was supposed to. I baked that sucker as fast as I could and we ran out the door. We got to Mike's Aunts house at 12:20 for games and dinner. Mike has a younger cousin who is married and has three kids (totally showing us up!) that we have gotten together with a few times to play guitar hero and rock band with. We played Mario Cart for a while before dinner which was fun since I haven't played it since I was 10. We ate an amazing dinner and sat around and chatted for a while. I was really nervous about my pie, but it actually turned out OK (but just OK). We said goodbye to everyone and went home. We took about and hour nap and then woke up to go to my parents. We had a lot of fun there. As normal, my dad ALWAYS carves the turkey on Thanksgiving, but this time, I wanted to. So I did. My dad and I carved the turkey together and we did a dang good job, if I do say so myself. We played Mafia with The Moons (a tradition) then we said goodnight and went home and had the best sleep ever!
My late update of Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment