I completely forgot to blog about our (mine and the kid's) trip to the Veteran's Day Parade in downtown Dallas.
My cousin Scarlet text me and asked if I wanted to meet her and her kids in downtown for the Veteran's Day Parade.
I was needing to get out, the weather was great and I knew Preston would love it so we went.
The high school bands, the fly-overs, the horses, trucks and more were PLENTY to keep Preston very entertained and happy.
Preston watched in awe as each band passed by, beating their drums and providing some good head bopping music for the kids.
Preston and Grayson (Scarlet's son) would put their arm up with their fists clenched and move their arms up and down in hopes a semi driver would see them and honk his horn...just like on road trips as a kid.
After the surprisingly long parade, we went to McDonald's for lunch and let the kids play while we ate outside on the GORGEOUS day.
I'm so glad we went and I am so blessed to be an American where I am free and so many men and women have fought for our freedom.
To our Veterans... Thank You!






No comments:
Post a Comment