I'm really not sure if I ever mentioned that I was nannying for a family with two little girls M/W/F for 5 hours each day and I will admit, I didn't like it. {That's an understatement}. I hated not having my days available and I hated the fact that I went to their house where Preston wouldn't nap because he's just Mr. Curious George and hates to go to sleep other places because of all the new things happening. Well, before I got this job I had interviewed for another job that was PERFECT! Ideal for my schedule, and for my back account. Well, they were deciding between me and one other person and went with the other person that they thought MIGHT be a little better for their family due to their son's learning disabilities. Anyways so I accepted this nanny job with the two little girls. The pay was pretty decent but I REALLY didn't like it and quite frankly we needed just a little more money. We had been praying so hard about what we should do because I was miserable but I knew I needed to keep working for extra income. I went to Utah with Preston to visit my grandmother and 3 hours after I got home a received an e-mail from the woman with the job I didn't get. Their current nanny was leaving due to some family medical emergencies and didn't foresee being able to return to work so they contacted me in the hopes I would still be available. Without hesitation I said yes! I was on the edge of my seat for almost a week as they waited to hear back from their current nanny on status of whether or not they would be returning. Turns out, they weren't returning and I got the job. This job is a TREMENDOUS blessing that will allow us to save so much money and have ZERO debt {except our house} by JUNE 2012. NO DEBT! I can't wait. We feel so blessed and we are extremely grateful for what this will do for our family.
On top of all that, you know I've started my own photography business. It's something I've always wanted to do and I am extremely grateful that I was able to get this business off of the ground and on it's feet. A lot of time, work, and MONEY went into starting this business. I didn't think it would be cheap but there are a LOT of expenses that go into a photography business but I absolutely love it and have found something I am TRULY passionate about. I am grateful for ALL of the people who have supported me. My business had been under construction for about 3 months but I finally started taking and I must admit that even I am shocked at how much success I've had for my first holiday season. I'm booked SOLID until Dec. 10th with 2-5 photo shoots every weekend. I'm extremely grateful for the confidence people have shown in me and that with little experience and work to show, I've booked my entire calendar. I can't say Thank You enough.
I'm even more grateful for my supportive husband that supports me in all that I do. He supports me when I am gone ALL day Saturdays on photo shoots and then I come home and lock myself in my office and spend hours editing photos. I'm grateful that he understands I have to put money into my business and that he supports me when I purchase new equipment or other things. I am grateful that he believes in me and that he tells me my pictures are great when I am feeling down after comparing myself to the photographer that has been in business for 5 years and has a PACKED schedule while charging $500 a session. I love his little pep talks of "Your pictures are amazing!" or "just give it time, you will get better and better as you go". I'm grateful for my entire family and all their support.
Last but most definitely not least, I'm grateful for my Savior and for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am a Mormon, and a christian. I believe that God lives and that he sent his son to die and atone for my sins so that I may have the chance to be forgiven and to live with them again. I know that Joseph Smith was a TRUE prophet of God that he saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ in the grove that day. I have no shadow of a doubt in my mind that the words of the Book of Mormon are true and that it, along with the Bible, are the TRUE words of God. I am grateful for the knowledge I have and the many blessings I have received because of it. I'm grateful for my trials that remind me of how good my life truly is.
I hope that we can all remain grateful throughout this Thanksgiving season and when it passes we can turn our focus to the TRUE meaning of CHRISTmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment