Let me just rant and rave about my new found friend. After getting married, I don't have a lot of friends that are here. Ok, I really don't have any. Mike has his friends but none of which I have really connected to. I love them all though! My best friend from high school is away at school and is moving to Arkansas in the summers to be with her boyfriend instead of coming back home. SAD! There are cute couples in the ward but they either have babies or are pregnant. Like I had previously blogged about, Mike and I don't belong in those baby clicks because that's all they do. Talk about their babies to other couples with babies. It's as if they have nothing to say to you if you don't have a baby.
Well, a couple moved into our ward at the beginning of September. Josiah and Megan Roueche. I saw them when Mike and I were helping a family move into the ward and they showed up shortly after us. I got to talking with Megan and we made some small talk which was nice. Sunday in Relief Society, I noticed that we had signed up to clean the church on the same Saturday that they had. We showed up that Saturday and only Josiah was there. He told us Megan had just gotten a job and she wouldn't be there. We talked with him and had a fun time. He invited us over for dinner and pumpkin carving. I had posted about the pumpkin carving a while back and put a picture on there. We had a great time with that. Megan and I both went to Enrichment and chatted up a storms. We started to have more and more things in common. I loved it! We invited them over to our house for dinner and movie along with my family. We then went to the ward trunk or treat the next day where afterwards, we went bowling and got milkshakes. Mike and I then got Roxy which they were excited about because now their dog Lucy had a friend to play with. We all went to the adult session of stake conference together where afterwards, they went home, got Lucy and brought her over to play with Roxy while we watched a movie. Now our dogs are friends! Mike and I love having friends that we have so much in common with. I swear, the more Megan and I are around each other, the more things we find out we have in common and I think we were separated at birth and now reunited. We love it! Our husbands can sometimes get sick of it but I love having such a great friend! Yay for my friend Megan.

2 comments:
I KNOW I did NOT give birth to twins, so you better figure out where Megan comes from. It wasn't me!!
MOM
I probably shouldn't be talking to you....you understand right....you know, the whole baby vs. no baby thing? :) I understand, DJ and I haven't really mastered the friend-making thing as a couple yet...with or without a baby. Megan does seem way cool though and I'm glad you guys have become such good friends.
Post a Comment